Mission Statement, Vision and Values of GSP
Our mission statement: Our mission is to inspire, challenge and support young people to excel in learning and in life.
This aligns with our Trust's vision to: Serve, Challenge and Empower
We are proud of our longstanding and established school motto, 'Together We Learn and Grow'
Children are at the heart of everything we do at Great Sankey Primary. We are committed to providing a caring environment where every child can thrive and is supported to achieve their unique and amazing potential.
At GSP we are dedicated to:
- Establishing excellent values & ethos;
- Ensuring that relationships & behaviour are outstanding;
- Raising achievement & attainment to the highest possible levels;
- Proving that learning & teaching are of a consistently high standard.
We firmly believe that the education experience for our children will be holistic and fun-filled. In a calm and well ordered environment, based on kindness, mutual respect and empathy, all children will be valued as individuals and their moral and spiritual development encouraged as well as access to the highest teaching standards and curriculum.
The picture above was taken during our annual whole school trip which sets the tone for the academic year. The children's experiences support our mission statement of 'Together We Learn and Grow.'
The school will promote good health and fitness, perseverance, optimism and a “can-do” attitude in all. We will celebrate each
child’s success and encourage them to take pride in their own, as well as others’, achievements. We will engage children in a
creative curriculum that is tailored to their needs and reflects the context and community in which they live. At all times we will seek
to inspire children with a love of learning which will remain with them throughout their lives. Together with our parents, governors and the wider community, we aim for all children to succeed to the very highest standards. Children will have opportunities to work both individually and collaboratively, giving them confidence, skills, independence and the self esteem needed to be successful in a rapidly developing world. In order to fulfil our school vision, we will seek to constantly adapt and improve, listen to parents and children and have ongoing evaluation and debate amongst stakeholders.
What are our aims?
- To provide an outstanding primary school education for all children that is innovative, stimulating, balanced and creative to allow them to become independent, confident citizens within the community.
- To create a learning environment in which children are enabled to attain the highest standards of which they are capable, through the recognition of individual needs, regardless of their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.
- To nurture a warm and mutually respectful relationship between adults and children, in a calm, purposeful atmosphere, where children feel safe and valued.
- To provide a sense of community by working in partnership with parents and other members of the wider community of Great Sankey Primary in which they develop an understanding of and respect for a wide range of religious values, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of learning.