Our school participates in a Police led initiative called Operation Encompass. This is a partnership between Cheshire schools and the Police, which helps schools to better support any child where a domestic incident has been reported to Police from their home.
Following a domestic incident, the Police will make contact with the child’s school via secure email in the form of a VPA (Vulnerable Person Assessment) to communicate relevant information to a nominated, fully-trained member of school staff (Ms Sarah Leah). This will ensure that as a school, we are made aware early enough, to support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe, supported and listened to. It will also provide an opportunity for school to offer support to the whole family.
Each school has two members of staff called a ‘key adult’ who are trained to liaise with the Police, when required, whilst ensuring support is available to the child. Our key adults are Mrs Lisa Wilding (Headteacher and DSL) and Miss Sarah Leah (Safeguarding Lead and Dep DSL).
The initiative was launched county-wide at the beginning of 2016. It is active in all Cheshire schools. You can find out more about Operation Encompass via the following site: http://www.operationencompass.org/.
If you would like to speak to someone further about the initiative, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Wilding or Miss Leah.
Refuge Warrington Independent Domestic Abuse Service - Tel: 01925 243359
Domestic abuse affects the whole family. Don't suffer in silence, talk to someone that can help.
In an emergency, always dial 999
• Domestic violence and abuse can be actual or threatened and can happen once every so often or on a regular basis
• It can happen to anyone, in all kinds of relationships
• People suffer domestic abuse regardless of their social group, class, age, race, disability, sexuality or lifestyle
• The abuse can begin at any time – in new relationships or after many years together
• Children are affected by domestic abuse both in the short and long term.